To generate a bitcoin address with your name, you will be required to generate a bitcoin vanity address. A bitcoin vanity address represents your unique identity in the crypto sphere. It has a portion of 26/35 alphanumeric characters that includes the customized name with the new bitcoin address. You can use vanity bitcoin address for fundraising, getting donations, collecting tips & so on.
Why you will need to generate a bitcoin address?
While dealing with bitcoin in your everyday life, sometimes you have seen a bitcoin address with a customized prefix. While you can check blockchain explorer by yourself, inspect some outputs of particular transactions. You may have spotted a few addresses whose combination of characters starts with some predefined prefix. e.g; Initials of company name, personal name, product name or any unique prefix.
A bitcoin vanity address is being used by freelancers, fundraisers, event organizers (especially for displaying donation QR on VIP Pass/Entry pass). One couple had generated their custom bitcoin address with a name, to raise college funds for their “bitcoin baby”, last year. If you are a qualified programmer, check some GitHub repositories available, which allows creating a personalized bitcoin address. Use Vanitygen for Bitcoins and, Vanitygen Cash for Bitcoin Cash. One thing you must keep in mind, the code on the provided repository hasn’t been updated in years, so make sure to verify everything is sorted out properly.
How custom bitcoin vanity addresses are created?
Tools such as vanitygen use the predefined prefixes or words in the starting line of bitcoin addresses. After searching initiated, it searches for a matching public key pair and longer the selected prefixes, the longer time it will take to generate the hashed address for the provided address that meets your provided criteria. Using these methods, the generated address is 100% secure same as the regular bitcoin address.
Must read: [Beginners Guide] How to use Bitcoin ATM?
Anybody who uses bitcoin, bitcoin cash can generate an address for bitcoin and bitcoin cash. After all, there are various internet forums & questions answers are available on this topic. However, it is possible to generate a bitcoin address with the prefix that includes numbers and uppercase characters. If your CPU is not strong enough, you can use third-party online tools to generate custom vanity address by providing a small fee starting from 0.01 bitcoins.
One thing you should note while generating address with the first 1 to 6 character requires less computing power. Even you can generate if you have a strong CPU power. But generating address with more than 6 characters, you will have to increase processing power. For that, you must use third-party tools.
How to generate a bitcoin address online?
The website nicewalletaddress.com provides an option to generate a custom bitcoin address (or you can say a vanity address) by following 6 simple steps as mentioned below.
1. Open the website nicewalletaddress.com and select the prefix either you want your address to start with 1 or 3 number.
2. In step 2/6, enter your desired prefix. The first 4 characters are free, more characters require a minimum fee of 0.001 BTC
3. Now in the next step 3/6, click on the button “Key Pair Generator” to generate the keys. It will open a popup window, click 16 times on the hand icon. Once the process completes, you will get the private key and public key in the boxes. Store your private key in the safest place, because it will be used any time you want to transact with your address. Copy the public key and close the window, now paste the public key in the box mentioned in step 3/6.
4. In step 4/6 provide your email address, once the vanity address is generated successfully, a notification will be mailed to email, with a link to complete the final private key for your new address.
5. In step 5/6 enter captcha code, and click the “Verify Button”.
6. Click on the “Order Now” button in the last step. It will open a successful message the same as below.
NOTE: It will take some time depending on your selected character prefixes. Wait till mail arrives in your mailbox.
7. From the email, save the PUBLIC ADDRESS and the PART-PRIVATE KEY. You will need them to create the Final Private Key for your new Public Address. Next, click on the “To Complete The Final Key” button to go to the next step.
8. The next page will open the same as the image below.
In the first box, enter the private key you had recently stored in a safe place during step 3 in this guide.
9. Now the final step is to click on the “Merge Split Keys” button to generate a final working private key for the generated address.
Additionally, to generate a bitcoin paper wallet, click on the “Paper Wallet” button to download the pdf file of a generated wallet.
That’s it! Now your new custom bitcoin address is generated.
Hope you enjoyed our guide on how to generate a bitcoin address with custom prefixes or name. If you have questions, feel free to ask in the comment boxes.